This is an integral role to the success of NUDM, and we thank you for considering to spend your year working with us. There is an audition process for the role of Emcee, and applicants must sign up and audition as a pair or trio. Please work together to complete the following written application in a PDF document before your first-round audition.
Your combined application is due by Wednesday, September 22nd at 11:59pm. Please email a PDF version of your application titled FirstNames-Emcee-App to our Productions Co-Chairs, Gillian Finnegan and Kate Tadesse, at email@example.com. In addition to the application questions, please submit a video (approx: 2 minutes) showcasing your personality, humor, and relationship with NUDM. Include the video file titled FirstNames-Emcee-Video in the email you send with your written application (.mp4 & .mov files are great, as well as anything shared on Drive!).
You are also required to do a live audition to complete your application; these will take place Thursday September 23rd - if you cannot attend on these days, we can make other arrangements. To schedule an audition, please fill out this Calendly with the submission of your application. If none of the time slots work for you or if you would like to audition virtually, please reach out to Gillian and Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prospective emcees can audition as many times as they would like through their years at Northwestern, but please note that once a pair or trio is selected to be the NUDM emcees, they will be ineligible to reapply for the role in future years in order to ensure that as many members of the NUDM community as possible are able to hold this position. If you have any questions about the role or the audition process, please feel free to reach out to Gillian and Kate at email@example.com! We can’t wait to see what you’ve got!
Please include the following information for each member of your team:
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- Year, School, & Major
Respond together to the following prompts. Please be concise. Your application should be a maximum of 4 pages (plus the 2-minute video).
- Why do you want to be the Emcees for NUDM 2022? How will you engage dancers when there hasn’t been a tent in 3 years?
- Describe your experiences with NUDM and what makes you passionate about this year’s primary beneficiary. What distinguishes NUDM from other worthy philanthropic causes and events, both on campus and in general?
- The Emcees are the face and voice of NUDM. Responsibilities include speaking at events, hosting trivia, attending BUILD and other NUDM-sponsored events, and working with several different committees and dancers. Why do you think it’s important for the Emcees to be involved in all these levels of the organization?
- How would you describe NUDM to a new student? How would you change this description to describe NUDM to someone who has previously chosen not to participate? How would you ensure that the whole campus, and not just the dancers, understands the purpose and feels included with NUDM?
- Being an Emcee is a large commitment, and it requires some level of schedule flexibility. What are your other time commitments for this school year, particularly during winter quarter? Please be as specific as you can, and know that being honest here will not hurt your chances in any way. How much time and energy are you able to commit to NUDM considering these other obligations?
FIRST ROUND AUDITION SIGN-UPS
As mentioned above, fill out the Calendly when you submit your application for a first-round audition. Again, if none of these times work for you, please contact Gillian Finnegan and Kate Tadesse at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks so much and SEE YOU SOON!